Sea buckthorn is a delicious, orange color berry and has the highest nutrient content of all wild berries. It is loaded with vitamins E and C, fibers, and essential fatty acids. Taste is intense, tangy, and citrus like. It typically grows in Northern Europe, Canada, Mongolia, Northern China, and Russia. Sea buckthorns might be hard to find but worth of a try if you get your hands on an imported can. It is great company for venison!
Sea Buckthorn Chutney
Vinegar makes chutney. You can make chutney from fruits or vegetables. Sea buckthorn chutney has everything for a fantastic side for venison. Sweetness, bitterness and spiciness. Go and give it a try!
- 7 oz (200g) sea buckthorns
- 7 oz (200g) jam sugar
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tsp (10g) grated fresh ginger
- 1 chopped chili (Aji Cristal is great choice)
- 2 cups (0,5dl) apple vinegar
- vegetable oil
- Saute chopped onion and chopped chili in small amount of vegetable oil
- Add all other ingredients
- Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat
- Can hot into sterilized glass jar
- Let cool to room temperature
- Move to fridge